April 27, 2022 @ 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
This six-module course will equip you in your role as a case/care manager to carry out independent assessment of clients, with a holistic, goal-oriented, wellness and rehabilitation approach. This course has been aligned with the skill units of the National Skill Set – Case Management Skills. It includes the theory and practical application of workplace learning.
It includes pre-readings, case studies, and plenty of resources. Modules include assessment, care planning, goal setting, case conferencing, documentation, consumer change tracking. The training includes skill testing via an interactive learning style. The training has been modified for the home care environment to ensure practical examples of how learning can be translated into practice.
At the end of this webinar course, you will be able to:
- Defining the role of a case/care manager
- Customer Advocate
- Conduct interviews and assessments
- Set goals with the client
- Develop care plans
- Communicate with clients and families/representatives
- Apply cultural sensitivity
- Complete the correct documentation
- Explain the financial impacts of case/care management
- Monitor the plan of care to assess the effectiveness of interventions
- Indicate the types of circumstances and triggers for reassessment