More than 500 public safety professionals have participated in the new virtual training program.
STATE COLLEGE, Pa., March 30, 2022 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ — The Florida Department of Management Services (DMS) today announced that it has trained more than 500 public safety personnel across the state using a professional development program developed with Mission Critical Partners (MCP). The program hosted 25 virtual training workshops to educate on Next Generation 911 (NG911) trends, standards and best practices, while providing hands-on learning opportunities that empower personnel to excel in their environment.
The Florida Department of Management Services recognizes the need for additional training for public safety professionals regarding the implementation of NG911, especially given the lack of in-person training opportunities during the pandemic. Following a competitive procurement process, Mission Critical Partners was selected by the State of Florida to develop and deliver NG911 training programs to support learners and track and report learning in real time.
The workshops allow carriers, PSAP managers and 911 coordinators to improve their preparation for NG911 and gain valuable skills and experience for the transition. There are five offers:
- PSAP Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement — ensures staff have a better understanding of the QA/QA process and are better prepared to participate in training and other QA/QA activities
- PSAP Business Continuity Planning (COOP) – discusses the importance of COOP and provides essential information so that students can assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of a COOP plan for their agency adhering to Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) guidelines.
- Cybersecurity for the Carrier – improves the ability of carriers to recognize and combat cybersecurity threats facing the public sector
- Surviving Stress Workshop — introduces telcos to the terms, acronyms, causes, and detection of stress in themselves and their co-workers
- Crisis Situations – explains how carriers can effectively detect and respond to low-frequency, high-severity crises based on industry best practices
“MCP applauds Florida DMS’s commitment to strengthening its public safety workforce through this training initiative. Not only will it advance their careers and give them the confidence to excel in their roles, but it will also increase engagement. and improve overall talent retention will play a role in helping the state provide the highest quality of public safety service to its citizens and visitors,” said Darrin ReillyPresident and CEO of MCP.
About Mission Critical Partners (MCP) Mission Critical Partners (MCP) is a leading provider of data integration, consulting, network and cybersecurity solutions, specializing in transforming critical communication networks into ecosystems that improve public safety, justice and health care outcomes. , transport and public services. Our comprehensive experience and vendor-neutral approach helps us develop modernized solutions for our customers to maximize value and create optimal efficiency while mitigating risk. Additional information and career opportunities are available at http://www.MissionCriticalPartners.com.
Morgan SavaMission Critical Partners, 1-724-964-2004, [email protected]
SOURCE Mission Critical Partners