- Completed articles – practical experience in an auditing environment – CA (SA) with 1 year of experience post article
- Working knowledge of auditing, assurance and ethics standards
- Good knowledge of legislation affecting auditors
- Experience working in an audit/exposure environment leading audit engagements and applying audit methodologies and ethical requirements in practice
- Working knowledge of IAASB standards and IRBA Code of Conduct
- An interest in writing, and good drafting skills, of technical subjects
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Coordinate and manage the projects of the Committee on Auditing Standards (CFAS), the Committee on Ethics for Auditors (CFAE), standing committees and CFAS working groups arising from these meetings, including the preparation of minutes to record technical aspects affecting projects in the development of audit and assurance statements.
- Research technical aspects and prepare analysis of project-relevant information as input to CFAS, CFAE, CFAS standing committee and working group projects.
- Keep abreast of new developments in relevant international and local auditing, assurance and ethics standards and legislation.
- Assist working groups in researching and writing comments on proposed local and international standards, consultation papers and draft legislation. This may include
- comment letters to the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB)/
- International Ethics Standards Boards of Accountants (IESBA)/ International Accounting
- Standards Board (IASB).
- Provide secretariat services to the standing committees CFAS, CFAE, CFAS and
- working groups and standards department staff.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Respond to technical questions from committees, working groups, practitioners and the general public.
- Contribute to and write publications and reports such as company news and audit
- Annual report of quality indicators.
- Have an international voice. Pursue relationships with international counterparts in other professional bodies and regulators.
- Prepare for and attend meetings as a representative of company standards; actively
- contribute to the conversation; to share relevant information with the standards team and/or the wider business.
- Lead the technical writing of some local audit statements.
- A team player in an environment that thrives on teamwork
- Assertive, yet open-minded and consultative able to engage with a wide range of professionals
- Interest and understanding of technical issues
- Interest in working and learning in a technical environment
- Good project management skills with the ability to administer a number of projects simultaneously and prioritize appropriately
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Good facilitation, negotiation and organizational skills
- Passion for the technical aspects of auditing and assurance and interest in research and development of standards
- A digital person, confident and comfortable embracing technology and digital
Find out more/Apply to this position