WELCOME TO UTOPIA
The music is amazing. He can excite hundreds and unite thousands. But as an industry, it’s been slow, complicated and patchwork. As the world of technology has looked to the future, the music industry continues to be shaped by the inefficient systems of the past. At Utopia, we believe there is a better solution. This is why we are now undertaking to transform the whole industry; create new revenue streams, consolidate data and declutter administration. Unlocking the full potential of the industry by unifying it all in a truly holistic space. Some might call it a utopia.
Surprisingly, so are we. Welcome to Utopia. Where the music lives.
WHAT UTOPIANS DO
The open secret is that the music industry is grappling with the very basics of music accounting: what was played, when and where? Who should be paid and how much?
Utopia Music bridges the data divide by connecting global consumption, accurate metadata, and fast payments to a trusted, industry-wide platform. Our goal is to unlock creative value and enable Fair pay for every game to create a better world for music. The solutions we offer do not threaten to usurp the role of incumbents from the industry – it is about bringing transparency to the industry and supporting effective royalty collection for all.
As Director of Royalty Management Services – Software Service, you will have the unique opportunity to co-plan, develop and execute business strategies for the Royalty Management Services – Software business unit based on targets and of Utopia’s corporate objectives with the primary goal of sustaining and accelerating growth. and income. You will be part of a growing global team and report to the Vice President of Commercial.
- Co-define the strategy and actively develop strategies in order to achieve the set results.
- Integrate business enterprise policies and procedures.
- Achieve growth and meet sales targets.
- Penetrate key markets with sales tactics and grow the partner network.
- Analyze market trends and report to the organization to increase product line.
- Build effective relationships with partners to maintain good revenue growth for the business unit and organization.
- Manage existing customer relationships and understand their requirements.
- Co-create new strategies in collaboration with the marketing department and coordinate activities in collaboration with the marketing department.
- 5+ years of experience as a business manager in the music industry, relationships with major industry players and understanding of the space is required.
- Ideally, you have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in business administration, sales, or a highly relevant field.
- Fluency in English is essential, other languages are a plus!
- Experience in customer relationship management.
- In-depth knowledge of market analysis and metrics.
- Hands-on experience in creating reports.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Team spirit.
- Learn agility.
- Integrity and work ethic and respect for D&I.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Good atmosphere – we live, love and breathe music and technology!
- Work in a team focused on impact and an inclusive company culture.
- An experienced team to learn from, with a proven track record at multiple startups and large tech companies.
- Our flexible remote policy offers utopians the freedom to work either in one of our inspiring offices or from home.
- We celebrate being an international and multicultural company.
- Competitive advantages ; packages are location dependent. You will receive more details about this during the interview process.
- We only recruit in the UK for this position, preferably in London or Merseyside and therefore can only advance with those already based in these locations and eligible to work in the UK.
THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
- You send us your CV in English.
- We invite you to an introductory video call with the talent acquisition team to get to know you better and share more about us.
- We invite you to a video interview with VP Commercial.
- We invite you to a video interview with VP Royalty Management Services.
- We ask you to prepare a case study which will then be presented in a video interview with our VP Commercial & VP Royalty Management Services.
As we want to bring transparency, trust and clarity to the music industry we serve, we know that change comes from within. Utopia is a transparent, trust-based organization that strives to think clearly and do what we set out to do.
We execute with urgency and innovate to grow faster. We ship things that make a difference today, so we can make them better tomorrow. We embrace fairness and are all responsible.
Strictly diverse and inclusive. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate our diverse backgrounds and invite anyone who identifies with the above to apply. Welcome to Utopia – Where the music lives!